Thursday, February 6, 2014

Memoir - Eat Pray Love


The book that I chose is Eat Pray Love. I was interested in this book when I first saw the name of the book. Then I got to know about this book a little bit more.  The writer went to Italy for food, India for belief and in Bali she found her true love. All these happened after her devastating and interminable divorce. She was broken and depressed. She lost her family, home and money. Everybody has his hard time in the life. I am having my hard time now. I don’t want to say what happened on me, but it seems like I lost myself. I have no plans or dreams now and I am not passionate to my life anymore. Even though the writer experienced all those heartrending things, but she chose to keep going and look forward to a new beginning, not just block her in the past. Then she just followed her plans. Finally she got what she wanted. That is what I want to learn from the writer and this book – how to walk out the first step from unhappiness and start a new life.

1 comment:

  1. Eat, Pray, Love was one of the books I thought about choosing for the memoir reading assignment. Now I really want to read it after reading your blog! Am I going through a period of not knowing who I am or want to be. That may not quite be the same as losing myself. It sounds like this book provided you some courage to try new things to seek a sense of who you are. I hope your journey is gratifying.

    ReplyDelete