Friday, February 21, 2014

Memoir 3 - Eat Pray Love

I am reading the second part of this book that Elizabeth is in India. She is there for getting some peace. She goes to the temple and lives there. All she is doing is to pray and sing the hymn with whole bunch people there. At the beginning, she cannot focus, and she gets frustrated. There is an Indian girl who has been talking to Elizabeth gets married with a guy she did not know before. The girl invites Elizabeth to that wedding. By watching the girl’s wedding, she recalls her wedding with her husband, and she was happy at that time. There is an old man called Richard who is from Taxes. He is here for forgiving himself by losing his family. He told Liz to forgive herself move on with her life. Finally she finds the peace she wants.

Liz and her husband still love each other, but life changed the relationship between them, they had no choice, so they got divorce. She keeps telling herself to move on from the divorce even though it is so hard. I remember there is a scene that she was dancing with her husband by her imagining. She told her husband that if he misses her so misses her, then drop it, but it won’t be long. I think at that time she forgave herself by leaving him, she was telling him to move on too. From that, I can see that she is being stronger to bear everything that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment