Friday, March 21, 2014

Blog1

            It has been more than half way of this semester, I learned a lot, and I also had some hard time. This is my first semester in the university, my life completely changed when I came here. I don’t speak English very well and I am scared to talk to people, so I got no friend at the beginning of this semester. I also felt so helpless because I did not know what to do such as what class to take or who can I ask if I need any help. Two or three weeks later, I felt better and got to know what to do, and also I was doing better in class. However, I still have a problem, it is hard for me to make friends because I think I am a little bit self-abased, so I only have a few friends here now that is not really good.

What is good to me is I do learn a lot from this English class, not only academic knowledge but also some significant lessons in my life. I start reading books that really help me a lot with English, and by reading books, I learned how to live my life better. Life is a big topic, we have to learn it all the time. We have to deal with trouble, learning to make friends and accept fail. I came all the way to the university in United States because I want a new life and experience things that I have never known before. I am trying to do my best in all the classes and my life.

1 comment:

  1. When the first time I came to the U.S. for my master degree, I felt the same as you felt right now. The feeling of helplessness always went around me. The better thing was that I had some friends here. We encouraged each other. When I met difficulties, I told myself that "wow, a great chance to be stronger is coming!" With this thought, I would not be afraid or worried any more. On the contrary, I became more brave. I was a very shy guy. I never spoke in class for my first semester in 2007, no matter how wonderful thought or how great doubt I had. I felt comfortable when I did not speak in class. Later, I realized it's not good to my study. "If I want to feel comfortable, why not stay in China?" Finally, I knew that I must break that comfortable zone in my mind. And I started to share my ideas in class regardless of the poor English, as long as others could understand me.
    I believe you get more friends in the following years and lead a happy life here.

    ReplyDelete