Different
people do different things for different purposes. Somebody go to work for
getting income for his life, somebody go to school for getting higher
education, somebody do nothing is arduous for enjoying his life. I believe
motivation is everywhere in our life.
For me, before
I talk about the motivation for attending college, I want to talk about my
motivation for studying in Unites States. I didn’t have any plans for my life
when I was in China, everything seemed going just right as my parent hoped, I
went to school, got As in every class, they wanted me go to a good university,
then find a job with high income. But one day, I thought about my life, which
was boring and planned by my parent that was not what I want for my own life. I
want to experience new things, have fun with new friends and enjoy my life
better not just follow my parent like a little kid. I changed my mind at that
moment. Then I am here. My motivation for coming United States is from my dream
that is to have a new life. However, I didn’t know my motivation for attending
college until I am in UNCC. I thought going to university was the only way that
must be passed in most people’s life include me. Because that was what I
learned in China, people who go to university have a better life than people
who don’t go. Everybody wants a better life, so I studied hard, finally I got
the admission from UNCC. When the school starts, I start knowing a lot people, I
joined in different clubs, and I start doing things that can make me have more
fun and be busy, not just being bored and lazy anymore. I realize that I enjoy
my life now that is my motivation for studying here.
Just like the
presentation says one of the elements of motivation is purpose, and my purpose
is to enjoy my life and I am doing it that is also what the book excerpt says-intrinsic
motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment